Let’s have fun trading half-square triangles to build fun, scrappy quilts!
- Use an Island Batik Stash Builder roll. We have them for sale at the shop for $5.25 each. This way all the triangles will be of the same quality and will look good together.
- Sew your triangles by cutting each strip into 5-inch squares (you get 32 out of one bundle).
- Place two squares together and stitch around all four sides with a 1/4 inch seam allowance.
- Cut the stitched blocks from corner to corner diagonally. You will get four half square triangle blocks out of each square – a total of 64 from one bundle.
- Press open and trim off the dog ears that stick out.
- Bring triangles for trading into the shop on the first Friday of the month. You will get a ticket for how many you traded, and will be able to pick up the same amount of triangles in two weeks.
- On the third Friday of the month, come pick up your swap triangles. come early to get first choice. We will have ideas each month for different ways you can use your half-square triangle blocks – the options are endless!